Saturday, March 12, 2011

Are my 100 watt compact fluoresent light bulbs to much for my chandelier?

I have a 9 bulb chandelier that I have installed 100w compatiable (but actually 27 w) compact flouresent light bulbs in it. The light fixture does say that they are rated for 100w bulbs. And the lights they I replaced were 60w to 75w standard bulbs. The problem that I'm having is that when I turn on the light swtch (non dimmer type) I am hearing a sizzle popping noise coming from it. And when I first hit the switch sometimes it blinks and I have to switch it on and off a few times to get it to work. But it appears after I do this a couple of times that it will not sizzle in the switch and the lights come on with no problem. I have 2 light control switches to the same light and both of them are doing this since I convered over to these new bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment