Wednesday, March 9, 2011

People who know old books and how to run a book store?

Hello :) My name is Chelsea. I'm basically obsessed with old books. It's a dream of mine to open an antique book store. I want to learn absolutely all I can about them! Unfortunately, though, I live in rural Ohio. No one in my area can speak, spell or read properly. My whole entire county doesn't even have one book store :( They all die off after a year or two. So of COURSE I will not be opening one here. Anyway, we luckily are surrounded by flea markets, yard sales and antique malls so collecting old books isn't difficult. What all should I learn? I'm talking to a book binding place to learn about that. I'd like to order books about appraisal, cleaning, preservation, etc. Any suggestions? Also, how many books should I try to shoot for before I think about opening a store? I'll be putting all of my money into collecting them. There is a huge rare/antique book store a few hours away. I'm also going to go there and try to have a talk with the owners. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment